Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sculpture

Artists develop art making skills

In pervious art classes I have made 3-D art sculptures but I have never made clay tiles. So making clay tiles was a new technique for me. I stuggled with making the objects pop out on the tile. I learned tequniques for adding clay to the piece by scoring and then adding water so the clay would stick together. Another technique I learned was smoothing the clay out so it didn't make lines that I didn't end up with random lines. I defindently need to improve some, but I thought for my first time doing clay tiles they turned out pretty good! 

Artist take risks

I took lots of risk in this project since I have never worked with clay tiles. Using the wire to connect the tiles was also new to me. It was hard to get the wire to stay and even with other small tile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment