Thursday, April 17, 2014

Art History


 Art History
The piece my group had was "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" by Seurat. The medium of the piece is pigment and is composed entirely of dots of pure color. It took Seurat two years to complete the painting. "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" was in the Post- Impressionism movement.  This movement happened in the 19th century and included French artists. The paintings in this movement seemed unplanned and the artists wanted the paintings to be more substantial.

Working on this project each person in my group was assigned to different tasks.  Joanna was in charge of making one of the props, which was a lady. Tori was in charge of making another prop, which was the red hat lady. Chelsea and I  made the black dog. And I did the PowerPoint for the presentation.

If I were to do this project again I would add more props so people could get a better  understanding of the painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment